EXCERPT REVEAL: Rebel Heart by Brighton Walsh

 


EXCERPT REVEAL: Rebel Heart by @brighton_walsh is coming July 1st!


“What would it be like between us?”

 

“It wouldn’t be soft and sweet like it used to be,” Levi said.

 

I thought back to every time we’d had sex as teens. Back then, we’d been sneaking around so no one would see, and we’d gotten very creative. I wouldn’t say any of our times were particularly soft or sweet. They were fast and frantic, both of us too hungry for each other for anything else.

 

“I know exactly what you’re thinking. But even in the car or on the cliffs or behind the cove, I still fucked you nice and easy. Still made it sweet for you.” He slid his gaze down my body, a filthy caress.

 

“But I wouldn’t take you to bed, sparrow. I wouldn’t lay you out on the sheets and whisper how beautiful you are. It wouldn’t be lights out, missionary until you came once and I followed. It’d be rough and dirty. I’d make you show me how much you want it, make you fucking beg for it. And then I’d give it to you. Over and over again, until you couldn’t take it anymore. Your body would be so wrung out, you’d cry with every release. But instead of stopping, I’d lick up your tears and make you come again, just because I could. And even when I made it hurt a little, you’d still want more.”

 

His words swept through me, stoking that low, simmering fire already inside me. Instead of turning me off, he’d only ignited an inferno.

 

I rested my hands on his shoulders, dragging my thumbs up the column of his neck. “What are you waiting for?”

 

That clearly wasn’t the answer he’d been expecting. His brows rose the tiniest fraction, and I wondered if this had all been for nothing. If, despite everything I’d said, his restraint was strong enough to hold him back. If, maybe, he wasn’t as drawn to me as I’d assumed. Wasn’t as drawn to me as I was to him.

 

And then, before I could step away, before I could slink off to my room and try to forget making an ass of myself, everything changed. The air in the room shifted as Levi’s restraint finally snapped.

 

“Fuck it,” he muttered before wrapping his hand around my nape and tugging my face down to his.


Pre-order now: geni.us/rebelheartbw



**********



#smalltownromance #enemiestolovers #secondchanceromance #hefallsfirst #forcedproximity #nothirdactbreakup #brightonwalsh #starlightcove #rebelheart #brightonqueenb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowball Unwrapped

Tight Ends & Tiaras by Lex Martin

ONE MORE TRUTH by Stina Lindenblatt releasing May 30!